About Me

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Married for 19 years (and still madly in love) 2 kids. For excerpts from The Civil War Brides Series, or the Cauld Ane Series, visit: www.traceyjanejackson.com

Monday, May 2, 2011

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words

Several people have asked me who does my covers, who are the people in the pictures, etc., so I thought I'd answer with the actual pictures used.

When I started to write The Civil War Brides Series, I strangely had a picture in my mind of the cover art before I'd even put pen to paper. It was a photo of me and my hubby at a masquerade ball we'd thrown fifteen years ago.

I have been a photographer most of my adult life, and I'm also a sucker for a really great party, so I combined both of my passions into a night of fun and nearly three hundred pics (back in the day when we didn't have digital cameras, people!).

The Rebel Bride, Civil War Brides Book #5 is a photo I took of my sister on her wedding day, and since Victoria insists on a sleek-lined dress (spoiler alert), I thought this photo of Emily and Stephen fit perfectly.

My wonderful husband, graphic artist extraordinaire, created my covers and without any biase, I think he's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment