About Me

My photo
Vancouver, Washington, United States
Married for 19 years (and still madly in love) 2 kids. For excerpts from The Civil War Brides Series, or the Cauld Ane Series, visit: www.traceyjanejackson.com

Thursday, August 9, 2012

CONSTANTLY IMPROVING...


I hope, anyway.

As some of you are aware, I haven't always felt the need to write. I am easily distracted by shiny things and have been more obsessed with my photography and music over the years.

In 2008, that all changed. I'd read a really bad romance and my husband challenged me to write something better. Up 'til that then I'd done a few articles for radio spots, but never anything over 250 words, so I gave him my dismissive giggle (more of a snort, really) and went on with my day. For a few hours.

I was bored by mid-day (no more shiny things), and my laptop beckoned. My kids were blissfully self-sufficient and my husband was holed up in our recording studio, so I sat down and started to write.

After a few stops and starts, and some amazing advice from a very talented and successful writer, I began Jamie and Sophie's journey to the past.

Now, three years later, I have written eight more books. I believe (I hope) that I have improved under the strict tutelage of my editor and the simple fact I'm exercising my writing mind.

In the spirit of improvement, I have made some very minor changes to The Bride Price. Basically, I have changed the ending. I have always felt it was a little abrupt, but have been so busy writing, I haven't had the brain power to go back and write something a little more satisfying. It's just a few lines to cap off their story, but I like it much better and I hope you do too.

It will still be available for free everywhere in the coming weeks, but the latest changes are available now at Amazon, Smashwords and AllRomance.

No comments:

Post a Comment